Welcome to Travel Chicago Solo, today we will look at the 11 best Restaurants and Cafes near the Chicago Riverwalk. The Chicago Riverwalk is among the most visited places in Chicago. It offers top Restaurants and Bars, Hotels, Supermarkets, and lot more.
The 11 Best Restaurants And Cafes Along The Chicago Riverwalk
The Chicago Riverwalk is a beautiful place to stroll, and it’s even more enjoyable when you stop at one of the many restaurants or cafes along the way. Here are our 11 favourites:
1. City Winery – This restaurant/winery hybrid is the perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine while taking in the river views.
2. Rivera – Chef John Shields’ acclaimed River North spot offers a sophisticated take on coastal Mexican cuisine.
3. Chicago Cutlery Insignia – A longtime staple of the Riverwalk, this fine-dining spot from celebrity chef Rick Bayless offers upscale takes on classic American dishes.
4. The Kitchen – This modern American bistro from Top Chef season 10 winner Kristen Kish serves up seasonal fare inspired by her global travels.
5. CaféRespiro – This charming Italian café is the perfect place for a cappuccino and pastry break while exploring the Riverwalk.
6. Bridge House Tavern – A cozy neighborhood tavern located in a converted bridge house, Bridge House Tavern is a great spot for grabbing a bite and people watching along the river.
7. Island Party Hut – A tiki bar located on a floating barge, Island Party Hut is perfect for grabbing an island-inspired cocktail or bite while enjoying the sunny river views.
8. Kayak Marina – Located inside an old boatyard, this unique spot lets you rent kayaks or SUPs to explore the river on your own.
9. Chicago’s First Lady Cruises – Take in the sights of the Riverwalk from the water with a cruise on one of Chicago’s First Lady Cruises’ boats.
10. The Dock at Montrose Beach – This popular spot located at Montrose Beach is a great place to enjoy a cocktail or bite while taking in the stunning lakefront views.
11. Rebar – This open-air bar located in the heart of the Riverwalk offers a stylish setting for enjoying some of Chicago’s best craft beer and cocktails.
Great Food Near The Chicago Riverwalk
If you’re looking for some great food to enjoy while taking a stroll along the Chicago Riverwalk, look no further! Here are some of the best restaurants and cafes located near the Riverwalk:
-Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse: This classic American steakhouse is a favorite among locals and visitors alike. The riverfront location makes it the perfect spot to enjoy a delicious steak dinner while watching the boats go by.
-Harry Caray’s Italian Steakhouse: Named after the legendary Cubs broadcaster, this steakhouse serves up some of the best Italian fare in town. The riverside patio is the perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine and people watch.
-The Berghoff Restaurant: This German restaurant has been serving up hearty cuisine since 1898. Stop in for lunch or dinner and enjoy classics like sauerbraten and schnitzel overlooking the river.
-Cafe Des Architectes: Located inside the historic Hotel Somme, this French cafe is the perfect place to refuel after a long day of exploring. Enjoy views of the river from the outdoor terrace while savoring classic dishes like veal sweetbreads and filet mignon.
When To Go To The Chicago Riverwalk
The Chicago Riverwalk is a great place to enjoy the city views and get some fresh air. It is also a great place to people watch and experience the hustle and bustle of the city. Here are some tips on when to go to the Riverwalk:
– during the week: The Riverwalk is busiest during the weekdays when people are commuting to and from work. If you want to experience the true energy of the city, this is the time to go. However, be prepared for large crowds.
– in the evening: The Riverwalk is a great place to unwind after a long day at work or exploring the city. Many of the restaurants and cafes along the Riverwalk have outdoor seating, so you can enjoy the views while sipping on a cocktail or grabbing a bite to eat.
– on weekends: The Riverwalk is much quieter on weekends, making it a great place to relax and take in the sights. Keep in mind that some businesses along the Riverwalk may have reduced hours on weekends, so be sure to check before you go.
Pros and Cons of the Chicago Riverwalk
There are pros and cons to the Chicago Riverwalk. Some people love it for the restaurants and cafes along the way, while others find it too crowded and noisy.
If you’re looking for a place to enjoy a meal or a drink with a view, the Riverwalk is a great option. There are plenty of outdoor seating areas where you can relax and take in the sights and sounds of the city. And if you get hungry, there are plenty of options for food and drink, from casual cafes to upscale restaurants.
But if you’re looking for a peaceful stroll by the river, you might be disappointed. The Riverwalk can be quite crowded on weekends, and the noise level can be high. If you’re looking for a little tranquility, you might be better off elsewhere.