The Navy Pier is one of the most popular destinations for tourists to visit in Chicago. This is because the pier offers many things to see and do. One can enjoy beautiful views of Lake Michigan, have an amazing meal at their restaurant, or just spend time walking along their boardwalk.
This article focuses on just some of the reasons why this popular city destination should make it to your list of places to see!
What is a Navy Pier?
Navy Pier is a 3,300-foot-long pier on the Chicago shoreline of Lake Michigan. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the city, with millions of visitors each year.
The pier has a variety of attractions, including a Ferris wheel, an amusement park, a theater, and several restaurants. Navy Pier is also a popular spot for events and concerts.
Can you walk on Navy Pier?
Yes, you can walk on the Navy Pier in Chicago, Illinois. The pier is a public space that is open to visitors for walking, sightseeing, and exploring. You can walk along the pier to enjoy the views of Lake Michigan, visit the various shops and restaurants, and take in the sights and sounds of the entertainment and cultural events taking place there.
Additionally, the pier is a popular spot for outdoor activities such as fishing and boat tours, and it is accessible to those with disabilities. Overall, walking on the Navy Pier is a great way to experience the sights, sounds, and atmosphere of this iconic Chicago landmark.
What’s the best way to see Navy Pier?
The best way to see the Navy Pier in Chicago, Illinois depends on your interests and preferences. However, some suggestions for getting the most out of your visit include:
- Take a ride on the Ferris wheel: Enjoy panoramic views of the city and lakefront from the Ferris wheel.
- Explore the museums: Visit the various museums located at the Navy Pier, including the Chicago Children’s Museum and the Smith Museum of Stained Glass Windows.
- Dine and shop: Sample the diverse array of dining options available at the Navy Pier, and browse the many shops and souvenir stands.
- Attend an event: Check the calendar of events to see if there is a live performance, cultural event, or festival taking place during your visit.
- Take a boat tour: Enjoy a boat tour of Lake Michigan, which provides a unique perspective of the city and the pier.
- Walk the pier: Take a stroll along the pier to take in the sights and sounds of the lakefront and the city.
- Watch the fireworks: On Wednesday and Saturday evenings during the summer months, the Navy Pier presents a popular fireworks display that is worth seeing.
Ultimately, the best way to see the Navy Pier is to try a combination of these activities and to spend enough time there to fully experience the vibrant atmosphere and diverse offerings of this iconic Chicago landmark.
How much does it cost to ride the Navy Pier?
The cost to ride the Ferris wheel at the Navy Pier in Chicago varies, but it typically ranges from $6 to $13 per person. The exact price can depend on factors such as the time of day, the day of the week, and any special promotions that may be taking place. It is recommended to check the Pier’s website or on-site ticket booth for the most up-to-date pricing information.
Please note that while the Ferris wheel ride is one of the most popular attractions at the Navy Pier, there are many other things to do at the pier that do not require a fee, including visiting museums, shopping, and dining, or simply enjoying the lakefront views and the pier’s many gardens and public spaces.
Why do tourists love it so much?
Navy Pier is a 3,300-foot-long pier on the Chicago shoreline of Lake Michigan. It is located in the Streeterville neighborhood of the Near North Side community area.
The pier was built in 1916 as part of Daniel Burnham’s plan for Chicago. Navy Pier currently houses retail stores, restaurants, exhibition facilities, family attractions, and a concert hall.
The pier was once used as a shipping and receiving facility for freight and passengers by the United States Navy. It was also used as a site for military drills and training exercises during World War I and World War II.
In recent years, the Pier has become one of the most popular tourist destinations in Chicago. An estimated 9 million people visit here each year.
There are many reasons why tourists love Navy Pier so much. One reason is that there is something for everyone to enjoy at the pier. Families can take their children to the Children’s Museum or go on a ride on the Ferris wheel.
Couples can enjoy a romantic dinner at one of the many restaurants or take a stroll along the pier. You can also shop, see live entertainment, or simply take in the incredible views of Lake Michigan and the city skyline.
Another reason why tourists love here is because it is conveniently located within walking distance from many popular tourist attractions in Chicago such as Millennium Park, The Magnificent Mile, and Willis Tower.
Navy Pier is also easily accessible by public transportation which makes it easy for visitors to get around.
Navy Pier is a popular tourist destination for both locals and visitors from all over the world. It is a great place to take in the sights and sounds of Chicago, enjoy the outdoors, and have fun with family and friends.
What is the Navy Pier known for?
The Navy Pier in Chicago, Illinois is a popular tourist destination that is known for its diverse array of attractions and activities. Some of the things the Navy Pier is most famous for include:
- Ferris Wheel: One of the most recognizable landmarks at the Navy Pier is the Ferris wheel, which offers breathtaking views of the city and lakefront.
- Restaurants and Shops: The Navy Pier features a wide range of dining options, from fast food to upscale restaurants, as well as a variety of shops and souvenir stands.
- Entertainment: The Navy Pier offers a variety of entertainment options, including live music, theater performances, and cultural events.
- Museums: The Navy Pier is home to several museums, including the Chicago Children’s Museum and the Smith Museum of Stained Glass Windows.
- Lakefront location: The Navy Pier is located on the lakefront and offers stunning views of Lake Michigan, making it a popular spot for outdoor activities such as fishing and boat tours.
- Fireworks: On Wednesday and Saturday evenings during the summer months, the Navy Pier presents a popular fireworks display that attracts thousands of visitors each week.
Overall, the Navy Pier is known for its vibrant atmosphere and its wide range of activities, making it a popular destination for tourists and locals alike.
What are some attractions you can visit at Navy Pier?
Navy Pier is a 3,300-foot-long pier on the Chicago shoreline of Lake Michigan. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the city and features a variety of attractions, dining, shopping, and entertainment options.
Some of the attractions you can visit at Navy Pier include the Ferris wheel, carousel, Wave Swinger ride, Navy Pier Park, Shakespeare Theatre, IMAX theatre, and the Chicago Children’s Museum. There are also some boat tours available from Navy Pier that offer views of the skyline and lakefront.
Tips for Tourists Visiting Navy Pie.
If you’re planning a trip to Chicago, chances are good that you’ll be spending some time at Navy Pie. Located on Lake Michigan, the Navy Pier is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the city.
Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your visit:
1. Arrive early or late in the day to avoid the crowds. The Navy Pier can get pretty crowded during peak times, so try to come early in the morning or later in the evening if you want to avoid the rush.
2. Take advantage of the free attractions. There’s plenty to see and do at the Navy Pier, and many of the attractions are free. Make sure to check out the Wave Wall, Fireworks Show, and Ferris Wheel, among others.
3. Eat at one of the many great restaurants on-site. From fast food to fine dining, there’s something for everyone at the Navy Pier. Be sure to save room for dessert – there are several excellent ice cream shops on-site!
4. Shop till you drop at one of the many stores located at the Pier. You’ll find everything from souvenirs to clothing and jewelry available for purchase.
5. Ride one of the sightseeing boats for great views of Chicago’s skyline. The boat ride is a great way to relax and take in all that Chicago has to offer.
Navy Pier at Night
Navy Pier at night is a magical place. The Ferris wheel is lit up with colorful lights, the carnival rides are open, and the view of the city skyline is breathtaking. Navy Pier is a must-see for any visitor to Chicago.
Popular Beaches near the Pier
If you’re looking for a beautiful beach to relax on near the Navy Pier, there are plenty of great options to choose from.
One popular option is North Avenue Beach, which offers stunning views of Lake Michigan and the Chicago skyline. If you’re looking for a more secluded spot, Oak Street Beach is a great choice. This beach is known for its scenic views and clear water.
If you’re looking to do more than just relax on the beach, there are plenty of activities available as well. Both North Avenue Beach and Oak Street Beach offer volleyball courts, kayak rentals, and more. No matter what your interests are, you’re sure to find something to enjoy at one of these beaches near the Navy Pier.
The Navy Pier is the most popular tourist destination in Chicago, and it’s no wonder why. The pier offers a variety of activities for everyone, from shopping and dining to sightseeing and attractions.
One of the most popular things to do at the Navy Pier is to take a ride on the Ferris wheel. The Ferris wheel is one of the tallest in the world and offers breathtaking views of Chicago and Lake Michigan. Tickets for the Ferris wheel are $8 for adults and $5 for children.
If you’re looking for something a little more thrilling, you can take a spin on the Navy Pier Carousel. The carousel has been around since 1916 and is one of the oldest continuously operating carousels in the country. Tickets for the carousel are $3 per person.
For those who want to explore the pier at their own pace, there is plenty to see and do. The pier is home to a variety of shops, restaurants, and attractions, including the Children’s Museum, Shakespeare Theater, and Crystal Gardens. There is also an abundance of public art on display throughout the pier.